Google Summer of Code Work Product Submission
This blog post is a consolidated report of my GSoC ’21 project. I’ve been contributing to ndcube - a sunpy affiliated package, which is itself a part of the umbrella organization called openastronomy. Phew, that’s quite some hierarchy.
Here’s a list of pull requests that I’ve opened during the coding period:
- Initial implementation for validating two WCS: Merged
Implements a function to check if two given WCS objects are compatible with each other for reprojecting the NDCube.
- Reproject implementation: Merged
Adds a method to reproject an NDCube using the astropy package called reproject.
- Reproject NDCube Documentation: Merged
Documentation for the above PR.
- Support adaptive and exact algorithms for reproject: Merged
Adds partial support for other algorithms by restricting input shape to 2D.
- Make reproject more efficient by identifying invariant axes: Unmerged
Performs a back-and-forth transformation between pixel and real-world values to identify axes that don’t need to be reprojected. The function is complete and will be used in a future PR for optimizing reproject. Can be merged after a final review.
- Combine cubes from NDCubeSequence using reproject: Unmerged
Stacks the data of all cubes in an NDCubeSequence together into one cube. This PR is ready to merge but awaits testing from the community.
- Reproject NDCubeSequence Documentation: Unmerged
Documentation for the above PR. This will be merged after the code.